Re: DOT gonna get you

From: Michael Howell (doctormv@frontiernet.net)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 14:47:18 PST

Quoting MYDEUCEANDWILLYS@aol.com:

> It is not a combined weight of truck and trailer, i just called Trailer rama
> also known as trailer outlet .com they are a BIG trailer outlet and Jim says
> the trailer 10,000 or under does NOT need a CDL that is a gross weight , the
> trailer AND whats on it is a the total !! that is where the confusion is i
> believe, That is really the bottom line, Randy out

I am not confused about it but maybe they were. A lot of those racers
are running 40000+ rigs anyway which may be what is getting them the
attention.

As I understand it in MS you need a class A CDL if are involved in
commerce and your truck GVW is greater than 26000 or you have a trailer
greater than 10000 and the truck plus trailer together are greater than
26000. Actual weight has nothing to do with it. Actual weight only
come in if you are under tagged or overloaded. No one in MS bought
more than a 10000 tag for their pickup until the last few years when
they started getting tickets out of state. Now you can even get a
ticket in state.

MS does not have a non commercial class A license. The magazine
article seems to contradict all of this.

Mike
Tishomingo, Mississippi