Re: China Products

From: Mark J. Blair, NF6X (nf6x@nf6x.net)
Date: Wed Dec 14 2005 - 20:50:46 PST

laptops wrote:
> What I am saying is we get this stuff without even knowing that we got it.

A few years back, I needed a nice, big bottle jack for my 2.5-ton. I
decided to get one from Sears instead of someplace like Harbor Freight,
the local auto parts store, etc. Well, it turns out that it was the
exact same jack that Pep Boys or Wal Mart might sell, just with a
different color of paint, different label, and higher price. It even had
the letters "MVP" on the base casting just like the "MVP" brand jacks at
Wally World, leading me to beleive that it came form the same factory.
I've seen US-made bottle jacks in the McMaster-Carr catalog, but they
cost a few hundred bucks. I prefer to get high-quality US-made tools
when I can, but I can't always afford them.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x@nf6x.net>
Web page: http://www.nf6x.net/