Chinese steel

From: vlmuke@comcast.net
Date: Thu Dec 15 2005 - 09:43:36 PST

just my 2 cents
but Kent is right the Chinese are getting better at making steel and cast iron especially in the last couple of years they seemed to have elimiated alot of their porosity problems The only drawback is that they are still using 50's technolgy machine tools not very many cnc's but the quality is getting better all the time too, they are also very willing to fix any problems that occur such as bad material or machining errors they are willing to do whatever it takes to win us over !!! many of our domestic suppiers say that's the best we can do take it or leave it. so our domestic businesses and politicians neet to be vary, as china is willing to go the extra mile where many domestic suppliers don't seem to care anymore!!!
RichB