Re: speaking of shipping things

From: JTravis (dagobert@ix.netcom.com)
Date: Mon Dec 19 2005 - 18:19:36 PST

Well, even though this is an MV list, since hte talk of late has been
mostly of trucking, I've got a question for the list. I live in
Columbia, TN (just south of Nashville) and I am buying a Range Rover
from a guy up in Newburg, New York (near Montgomery, NY), and I'm trying
to find the best way to get the truck home. For what it'd cost me to
fly up, spend the gas to drive it home, and get a motel room along the
way, I'm thinking I could maybe get it hauled instead. Does anyone have
a run going that way around the scond week of January or so that might
be deadheading back and could pick it up and drop it off for me? It
runs and drives, so loading it shouldn't be too bad. If no one on the
list wants to mess with it, then who and where would I look to find the
best rate on shipping it? You guys would know better than I, and I
appreciate any help you can give me.
Jay Travis