Re: speaking of GPS.....

From: J. Forster (jfor@quik.com)
Date: Tue Dec 20 2005 - 21:14:46 PST

ygmir wrote:

> [snip]
> Does any one know about these, and, especially getting an accurate one,
> maybe down to a foot or so?
> I know they have them for surveying, or, techniques for getting that
> accurate. Are there Mil. ones available that are that good?

As long as you are using the 'civilian' codes (non encrypted) the best you can
do is a few feet. The surveying versions have a lot more complicated hardware
and phase track the carrier.

If you are setting property lines, pay an expert a few hundred bucks and get it
done right. How much would it cost you if you put a fence or building in the
wrong place.

Just my $.02 worth,

-John