What's with GL?

From: timothy.smith1@att.net
Date: Wed Dec 21 2005 - 21:19:22 PST

Guys,

I've often heard you fellas talking about doing business (bad and otherwise) with GL. I've never done business there and I don't know what these guys actually sell, or what it is they have that you want. Deuce's, forklifts, boats, other stuff...what?

There is a saying that goes something like this...."First time is happenstance, second time is circumstance and third time is enemy action." I don't know exactly what you guys are talking about when you are discussing buying from GL, but with as much bitching as I hear on the list about GL, I smell a rat.

This many foul-ups has got to be more than incompetance on the part of GL employees. If they are continually botching the job where small-time or casual buyers are concerned, they probably don't want them (meaning you guys) mucking about and interfering with the purchases that would potentially be made by larger operations and that means someone SOMEWHERE is probably getting paid something on the side to run you fellas off or at least make it tough for you to buy. IF that is the case and you want to know who's behind it, to get started, all you have to do is follow the money and find out who is getting all the premium stuff.

I was reading the local newspaper today and was absolutely floored by all the articles reporting various officials in the area (unrelated stories) caught with their hands in the cookie jar, which means that sort of thing is more common than we know and certainly more common than actually reported in the news. Frankly, we only hear about the guys who were dumb enough to get caught.

Well, to hear you talk, it sounds like GL is a fishbowl, so you should be able to see into their affairs from any angle you choose. Put a good argument together and hand it over to the AG's office. Then, keep digging, put a better story together and hand it over to an aggressive news agency. If it hits the wire, and it probably will, you'll be surprised how quickly some prosecutor somewhere gets after things at GL and if asked, he'll claim he's been looking into it all along.

Just my two bits.
Merry Christmas!
TJ