Driving - a privilege

From: Dave J (sd0044@gwtc.net)
Date: Thu Dec 22 2005 - 15:42:56 PST

Anything you have to get a license to do is obviously a privilege because a
license can be denied.

We all most certainly have a right to travel (unless we've done something to
warrant being incarcerated or restricted to a specific area by court order.)

We just do not have a "right" to operate a motor vehicle off of our own
personal property, that remains a privilege - granted by the various states
with the issuance of the licenses and permits to do so.

If in incorrect, I'd like to see where driving a motor vehicle is listed as
a right in an amendment to the US Constitution.
All of our "rights" are enumerated therein. If it isn't there it's not a
"Right".
As I understand, that's the document that gives us what rights we do have in
this country.

Just as sure as the Second Amendment to that document guarantees those
rights.
Not the Armed Forces, not the local or state cops, or the newspapers, or

definitely not the politicians , but the 2nd -- is the final guarantee.

Dave J