The world as I know it

From: timothy.smith1@att.net
Date: Tue Dec 27 2005 - 10:14:54 PST

This topic has gone somewhat astray of our hobby now but Joe deserves a response and then I'll wrap it up.

>From the guy who does a poor job maintaining a proper temperature on the steam table on the cruise ship buffet (causing everyone to get salmonella in the middle of the Carribean) to the guy who cuts the fuses too short in the hand grenade factory (with predictable results) to the mechanic who doesn't tighten down the fuel line after the carburetor rebuild (causing the customer's car to evenually go up in flames) to the law enforcement officer who doesn't know or doesn't care to learn (wasting everyone's time and money)...what each of us does, whether we do it well, or poorly, affects the rest of us. Even those of us on the list have been affected. We have spent many hours away from the topic we love in order to address these issues.

These are human problems that I cannot change. All I can hope to do is (like I've done for Sonny) is give you fellas the straight scoop (as I understand it) and the law enforcement perspective in the hopes that each of you can avoid some of the pitfalls you may face. I'll be the first to admit I don't have an answer for every question put to me. For examplwe, I don't have the faintest idea what Joe's BOC-3 is. I cannot change the fact that trucking is a heavily regulated industry and these regulations are vigorously enforced.

Here's what we all CAN accomplish. If you see something that you disapprove of, take reasonable steps to put it right. Honor thy father. Treat others in the same manner that you would like others to treat you. Be outspoken, but not boorish. Support your fellow man with all your strength. Behave honestly and honorably so that when you're gone, others will say, "I was proud to have known him. The world was a better place while he was in it." And take time to live, love and laugh.

Happy New Year, fellas.
TJ

 and know -------------- Original message ----------------------
From: Joe Shannon <fordpart@bellsouth.net>