Re: Sonny's rig

From: Joe Shannon (fordpart@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Dec 27 2005 - 07:35:10 PST

Mr. Smith,

    I have been reading you posts and you know your thing but that is
where the problem lies, you are the only DOT officer who does. It has
been my experience that if any other officer pulls over Mr. Sonny and
then recognizes the fact that it is a recreational vehicle the officer
will not admit that he made a mistake as I have been told by the main
man here in Tennessee that his men do not make mistakes and they are not
interested in what the federal law says.

    This is where the problem will arise for those of you like Sonny who
just happen to be riding around for fun in something big, the officers
will harass them just because of their appearance whether or whatever
ticket they write sticks when it goes to court or not or not they will
still pull them over. DOT officers count on the fact that the person
receiving the ticket will not take the time to go to court and fight it.

I see these folks every day, I have been inspected close to 40 times
this year mostly by the same station sometimes twice a day, several
times bobtail, several times with an empty trailer.

Let me ask you a question that so far no one else has been able to
answer---What is the purpose of the BOC-3 or Blanket Company that I am
required to have? I was under the impression that it was to keep from
being detained if I received a ticket in another state but that is not it.

Let me apologize Mr. Smith for the attitude that comes across in this
post I do not mean it toward you but toward the lawmakers and the brass
who decide who is allowed to make a living and who is not most of the
laws have nothing to do with safety.

Joe Shannon
MC# 467421

--

/"Sirs, you have no reason to be ashamed of your Confederate dead; see to it they have no reason to be ashamed of you"/