Re: speaking of GPS.....

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 15:02:38 PST

Ahh you are right. They sell mapping products. I did purchase one of
their cheap GPS systems for use with my laptop while on the road. It
was $99 and is pretty amazing for the $. It has saved me a lot of wrong
turns.

Although your property may be surveyed accurately, I wonder how far off
the master stakes are that were used to survey your property. A lot of
them were driven a hundred years ago or so??

So what exactly is the point of being within .01 feet? My joker
neighbor put a fence on the property line after I moved in and he used
6" posts (.5 feet) and electrified it with an electric fence charger.
Get within 1/8" of that and things start to get a little tingly.

Dave