OT: Air compressor Question

From: Mark W (mnm3693234@yahoo.com)
Date: Wed Dec 28 2005 - 17:58:42 PST

This is slightly off topic, but I thought someone here
would be knowledgeable about the question I have. I’m
trying to get my air compressor hooked up and I have a
Dresser two stage V-type compresser with a 10hp Kohler
engine. On the back side of the compressor there is a
thing, that may be an oil pump, I don’t know, but it
has three fittings for 1/4in. tubing to go to the top
of the heads. Does anyone know what the tubes are
for? I’m seen tubing like this on other compressers
which go to the part of the heads where the valves
are. I guess it is either for oil or some pressure
relief for some reason. There are three outlets on
the pump and if one goes to each head, then were would
the other go? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks
Mark