Re: OT: Air compressor Question

From: MV (MV@dc9.tzo.com)
Date: Thu Dec 29 2005 - 14:14:12 PST

Yep, you are missing an unloader valve. On a engine powered compressor
there is also usually a link to the throttle so the engine idles down
while the compressor is unloaded.

I have unloaders on my 10 hp electric compressor also since it would be
very hard to start the motor with the pump loaded. But you would need a
different kind of unloader valve than the one that is on my compressor
since yours is engine operated.

Dave

mil-veh-off@mil-veh.org>