Re: CUCV starting problem

From: hellcat@provide.net
Date: Fri Dec 30 2005 - 07:24:06 PST

Thanks for all the responses guys.... I did check the
blackouts and they WERE on (oops) but I dont think they
would have drained those brand new 1125 Deka's in three
hours. Anyway I did some checking and the front battery was
WAY down (showing 410 cca on our state of the art tester).

 Hmmmm interesting... so i jump JUST that battery and it
fires right off ...BUT now my ammeter shows way low in the
yellow range ..(usually just in the green)....sooo I test
the alternator and 8.9v output AT the alternator...hmmmm

 Take THAT aklternator off and test it on the spin tester
...120amps and 14.48v......

 Now heres the question....the number one wire is the
trigger wire to tell it to start charging BUT I thought
someone told me it was excited by the GEN 1 light.....BUT
that light has never worked and it was at 27.5 volts when
it was first tested.......?????????

 IDEAS anyone? I am looking tfor the schematic now....

On Thu, 29 Dec 2005 21:20:44 -0600