Re: Mystery Manifold Troubles........M151A2 Mutt

From: Sarge (micdunn@ev1.net)
Date: Sun Jan 01 2006 - 08:11:08 PST

Ken,
I've seen this problem before. It was a stuck valve in my case. Pull the
valve cover and look to see if all of the exhaust valves are closing all the
way. One of them is probably misadjusted or intermittently sticking. If it
does not close all the way, burning fuel goes out the manifold causing it to
get cherry red. I know you said the compression is good, but take a look
anyway.
Be werry werry careful.
-Sarge