RE: Beachwood Canvas

From: danjahn@qlink.ca
Date: Mon Jan 02 2006 - 08:40:40 PST

Hi Listers.

          I find the current thread on Beachwood Canvas interesting. I once
offered them a NOS canvas window kit ( which they didn't have a pattern
for ) for a M5H6 and cash for a top for my open cab Diamond T. They weren't
interested as no one had ever asked for a M5H6 window kit. Not very forward
thinking for a company that makes it's business supplying items to people
restoring military vehicles.

Dan

> This may be a given... But have you guys contacted Beachwood Canvas yet?
> They're more than willing to make canvas for anything, as long as they
> can get a pattern.

>I don't know how they are now, but at an MVPA convention I talked to them
>about tops for a Unimog 404, the German type. They didn't routinely make
>them, but said that if they had a pattern they could. Since several folks
>needed them (at the time) I sent an old top to Beachwood. But never heard
>anything back.

---