Re: tiger tanks

From: Ryan Gill (rmgill@mindspring.com)
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 06:42:55 PST

At 7:48 AM -0600 1/5/06, Sonny Heath wrote:
>That may be true but I find it awful hard to believe. How can this be verified? Did you read this in the vehicle manual?

That's how tanks have better floatation across soft ground than wheeled vehicles. All that weight spread across lots of surface area.

Now, tanks can cause damage to a bridge if they're to heavy for the weight of the bridge. How that works out for the weight capacity and having tracks, that's for an engineer to solve.

--
--
-                 Data Center Operations Group                -