RE: tiger tanks

From: Hutterer, John (MPAU) (john.hutterer@smiths-medical.com)
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 07:02:47 PST

Sonny,

I volunteer at a museum located on a military post. The Command here
wanted to put an M60A3 on display, on a concrete pad. The contractor
hired to do the job wanted to know how thick he would have to make the
pad, in order for it to be strong enough to support the weight of the
tank. The Command Historian and I looked the information up in the TM
for that tank. I haven't actually measured the tracks on the tank, and

done the math, but the tracks are quite wide and very long, so it isn't
hard to believe that they spread the weight out as much as they do.

John H