RE: Question about Army challenge coin

From: J. L. (milveh@dslextreme.com)
Date: Sat Jan 07 2006 - 09:42:38 PST

Thanks Cliff and thanks to everyone who replied regarding the military
challenge coin. Thats great information, the depth of knowledge here never
ceases to amaze me. I guess we must have had these challenge coins around
when I was in, but I sure never knew it. I just found some challenge coins
on eBay for various services and so I bought one. Seems like they are
running under $5, somebody in So. Cal is selling them, have no idea if they
are authentic?

A few asked to see a photo of the SF coin I have. I will put it up shortly
and advise you where to look.

OT - family stuff:

As some of you already guessed, my kid is a green beret (thus the SF coin
and we're very proud of him I might ad). He is deployed in Iraq. He is an
E-6, married, two kids and buying a home (second time)...as he likes to say
now, he almost feels like a real grown up! He is just 25.