Re: Question about Army medallion

From: Cliff S (mtnbikinssgt@hotmail.com)
Date: Thu Jan 05 2006 - 22:02:38 PST

Jack what are you talking about???? Out of contact for long periods of
time......he just needs to talk to his old man is all. you didnt beat him
enough as a child!!! hehehe.

What he sent you is called a "Challenge Coin", yep its for buying beers at
the bar......I throw one out, you match it, no one buys. But If I have one
that you dont, they you buy, goes on for as long as there are
coins........nowadays EVERYONE is getting one made.......The "serial" number
is probably just that, no real connection to the "ODA" (Other Defense
Agency), the "Black" types, or the long coats......But probably in his case
the lower the number the less beers you buy, kinda the "new guy"
ritual......

We have some that have been made over here as well, pretty cool, Hell, I
even have one from a Chief of Police, he even has a Trading card as well
(now that is PROFESSIONAL!!!!)

Hope that helps........

SSGT SMITH CN
USMC MITT, 1ST BN, 3RD BDE, 7TH DIV