CUCV Question

From: Sonny Heath (sonny@defuniak.com)
Date: Mon Jan 09 2006 - 19:46:45 PST

My old truck, M1008, don't like starting when its cold out. Here is what it
does.

The "wait" light takes about a full minute to go out, I can hear a click at
about 45 seconds. This goes on for sometimes five or six times and then
after turning off the ignition and the "wait" light goes off without hearing
a click in about ten or so seconds the truck starts right up. I just wait
for that short stay of the light and I know it will start. Just wondering
what to do?

If you say something like a glow plug controller can be bypassed, be so kind
as to explain where to hook on the wires going to the manual button.

Thanks,

Sonny