Re: Jeep accessories

From: V SCHWARTZ (vsaws@optonline.net)
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 12:13:54 PST

Dennis, It looks like you must have been lookingat pics. of real military
vehicles in real life settings. Not what reenactors and wannabes hav
envisioned for the right look for their vehicles. I can't speek for WWII but
I can say that Vehicles used in Nam everyday in the worst conditions were
missing a lot of the parts and pieces that they came with, But if the would
move they were put to use, a lot of use. Missing bumpers, Windows, doors
andeven fenders were not uncommon Xtra gas cansand emergency garden tools
wipers and lights : while good stuff to have in the rear, Does not get
supplies to the troops and they were not going to complain abouthow the
truck looks that brings their chow or ammo or mail.