Re: Jeep accessories

From: Stephen L Dussetschleger (dussetschleger@juno.com)
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 18:38:26 PST

> Dennis, It looks like you must have been lookingat pics. of real
military vehicles in real life settings. Not what reenactors and
wannabes have envisioned for the right look for their vehicles. I can't
speek for WWII

** i think the second part of this is more accurate. Doesn't sound to me
like YOUR speaking very accurately at all. AS a re-enactor I have seem
many vehicles that do NOT belong to mil-veh club mmembers. These vehicles
are dirty, scarred & have much equipment in & on them. Compare that to
your fellwo mil-veh club member with the jeep or vehicle that appears
like it came straight from the factory in "better than issued shape".

> but I can say that Vehicles used in Nam everyday in the worst
conditions were missing a lot of the parts and pieces that they came
with,

**** Whcih would match my brothers M151 we use in re-enactments &
displays. NOT a posterchild by any measure. My suggestion, go to a REAL
re-enactment & look at the vehicles used there. Probably won't be
winning any trophies wiht these.
Steve