: armored vehicle registration

From: Chris Case (chriscase@sbcglobal.net)
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 16:21:30 PST

Kalifornia already went through all this. We are very ahead of the rest of
the country.

Used to be illegal to drive armored vehicles on the road in California. Or
even own one? Many Half tracks were de-armored by replacing the steel with
aluminum. But in about the 70's something changed. Perhaps it was the
passive nature of armor, or pehaps it was the fact that yes, Brinks drives
them, why can't I ? I dunno if the precedent helps anybody, unless it was
a federal case?

I'd go to another DMV office, call it a scout car, tell the old lady there
that "No Mam, tanks have tracks, my scout car has tires- it's more like a
Brinks truck". or a private limo? I also gather that in California, there
are private 'inspectors' to verify VIN's. Perhaps in Kansas too?