Re: registration help

From: Recovry4x4@aol.com
Date: Wed Jan 11 2006 - 18:21:26 PST

Sonny, the DOT guys are still police in every aspect and have statewide
authority and as such can stop any vehicle for any state violation. She might
have been speeding excessively or just did a flagrant violation that piqued his
interest. I've been stopped once by DOT while driving my pickup. Seems he was
interested in the capacity and contents of my transfer tank. Told him is
was diesel and held 100 gallons. He said have a nice day and was gone. I asked
our commercial vehicle guy and he said its not uncommon for them to check for
content and to confirm the capacity to make sure it didn't need placarding.
In FL, transfer tanks over 115 gallons require placarding.

In a message dated 1/11/2006 8:36:12 PM Eastern Standard Time,