RE: regestering

From: G Shaw (milspectruck@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jan 12 2006 - 07:04:56 PST

Hi Gordon
They have those plates here in MA.. They are known as RP plates. The only
problem is that you can not use the vehicle for your own personal use, it
must be used on a customer or business related vehicle, and the insurance on
these blanket plates is sky high, around 4-5K per plate. You could fudge
around most of the requirements above but the bad part is that they send out
a state inspector once a year to inspect your bona-fide business operation
and look over your books to see if all the vehicles have had their sales and
excise taxes paid. They have an Owner-repair OR plate which a lot of
contractors use for all their heavy job equipment, but they send out
inspectors on those too to make sure you are a bonafide contractor. It
would be hard to use those plates here. But you can register a Ferret no
problem in MA because there is no inspection requirement to get a title and
plates if you already have a title from another state transferring the
ferret to your name, which Dan has. If he moved to MA it would solve all
his Ferret problems :) of course it would create a few more to say the
least. First his son would have to make all new friends, and second he
would have Ted Kennedy as his senator :( and no guns :(

Regards
Glenn