Re: Kansas Ferret

From: Glenn McCalley (glenn@combatcatering.com)
Date: Sat Jan 14 2006 - 11:15:12 PST

Here here!
A dull pencil in the right hands is at least and probably more lethal than
nail clippers but people would revolt if they couldn't do crosswords on
airplanes.

I believe Homeland Security far too often takes the path of least resistance
to what it does rather than the path of most effectiveness. Building that
fence (or even really apprehending 100's of infiltrators daily) would
produce an incredible firestorm in the media so it's not going to happen.

Back to MV's in Kansas - the point that backing a bureaucrat into a corner
only causes him to dig in is well taken. The suggestions that give him an
"honorable" way out are the best ones. It avoids him taking an "Oh My God
We Had No Idea The Dangerous Things You've Been Doing" attitude that gain
him standing within the bureaucracy by eliminating another dangerous threat
to society.

In Maryland here my deuce is a "1965 Kaiser Tk" because they had Kaiser as a
manufacturer, 1965 as a year and truck as a vehicle type. I will say I took
pains to park on the side of the building with no windows, and a good title
helped avoid any inspections. From the police who have tried to tell me
it's "illegal to own that thing" and been mollified by the tag and
registration I can imagine what a bored, power-mad almost-English-speaking
MVA meanie could do.

Glenn.