Re: "Senior Occupant" card.

From: Everette (194cbteng@bellsouth.net)
Date: Mon Jan 16 2006 - 12:41:46 PST

Greetings from another "Gimp" - My story is about the time I went to Post
Office in my M151, parked in "handicap" space, hung my card from mirror,
hobbled in remarking to observers::: "Y'all did not know they took Old
timers didja"

A friend of mine loves to tell that when he was in AirForce he as punishment
was made to stand guard duty at gate.. he had read that only people with
valid military driving permit are allowed in cab..(this was about 1953 in
Germany) He said he took great delight in making low grade officer get out
of cab and ride in back (senior occupant??) - further if vehicle did not
have troop seats do one was allowed to ride in back.. I do not know how many
of the regs. are / were in place, I do know this fellow enough to know that
if he said he did this there is no doubt in my mind he did it