Re: Kansas denied ALL armored vehilce registraions, its time to do something now

From: Paul Vandervort (pgv@mydb3.com)
Date: Wed Jan 18 2006 - 11:00:13 PST

I find it hard to believe that the "Director of Motor Vehicles" can make
such a ruling and make it stick. This is a function of the State's
legislature. They have to make the laws, not some tree huggin fanatic.
That said, Kansans would be smart to take the bull by the horns and get
their legislators to enact a law to prevent this type of ban. There are
some people on your side out there, you've just got to go out and find them.

I am a supporter of the MVPA, but I doubt the MVPA will assist. How do I
know you ask.....well here in the Demokkkratic enclave of ILL there was
a law proposed to put an "indelible marking" on MVs! Yep, didn't say
what the marking was to be or where it was to be put, so I took it as a
torch cut hole in the hood or fender. The MVPA's position was that they
did not interfere/involve themselves in a States' issues, so we were on
our own. Yes it was a bitch, dealing with politicians really sucks
especially when they have all the pull and know how to manipulate the
process. There are some good politicians though and we did have a HUGE
help from those, and other groups who have a similar interest, but the
good ones get trampled under the bad ones. In the end, it was a show of
force to put an end to it.

The one thing I did come to the conclusion to, DO NOT SIT ON YOUR ASS!
You've got to take the initiative, or you'll get totally wiped out and
then it is too late. It sucks, and there are plenty of better things to
do, but if you don't stand up for yourself, then it's your own fault and
don't come crying to me when they take your toys away. I really had an
eye opener to what the NRA has to go through on a continual basis, State
& Federal wise.

Australia & Britain have lost most if not all of their gun rights, and
currently the UN is trying to get Brazil (I think that is the current
target country) to do a full gun ban even though potential gun owners
there have to pass a gun safety course, psychological eval among other
things before purchase permission is given. Just a matter of time before
the UN targets the US.

Paul Vandervort
MVPA 437
KB9PZC