New to list

From: Marty Galyean (marty@heavyreckoning.com)
Date: Sun Jan 29 2006 - 13:13:36 PST

Hi guys,
I'm new here and first off want to find out if I'm in the right place.

Are military surplus trucks considered a good bargain for hauling 5 to 8
tons around maybe 10 times a year in a 500 mile radius or so?

What model would be considered the list ideal for this purpose, the
criteria being price, maintainability, and performance?

I'm looking at building some portable shops into 20' cargo containers
and hauling them to various sites monthly or so.

Looks like a very active list, glad I found it, but am I in the right
place to ask this stuff?

Thanks,
Marty