Re: M135 M211 Block heater

From: Sean Raymond (sean.raymond@securenet.net)
Date: Sun Jan 29 2006 - 18:59:26 PST

Thanks to the folks that sent me replies, most apreciated.
It raised a couple of questions in my mind though.

Does the thermostat not block the flow for an in-line heater put into the
bottom rad hose? I know they usaly have a small hole to let a bit of colant
and or air through but is that enough for proper circulation?

Other Question is for Chris, We don't get -49 in our area but -35 to -40 is
quite common. A vertical circulator is exactly what I had in mind but I'm
not sure I understand the hook-up.

Do you mean from lower radiator return hose to a connection in the block
wich I assume should be as high as possible to help convection circulation.

Thanks
Sean