Trailer electrical hookup

From: mark@ehle.homelinux.org
Date: Mon Jan 30 2006 - 07:36:58 PST

Folks -

This is not MV, so delete if you wish. You are the only truckers I know, however
- hence my asking this list.

I am going to have to drive home a Ford C8000 semi truck from about 700 miles
away. I will be driving my Mustang to it pulling a car tow dolly. On the return
trip, the truck will be pulling my mustang on the dolly. My dilemma is how to
interface the truck trailer electrical hookup with the tow dolly lights.

If somebody could point me to a web resource with the pinout of the truck
hookup, I would be grateful. Also, is this ebay item:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4608705563

the right part to hook up to the truck electrical jack?

Thanks!

Mark