Re: New to list

From: Marty Galyean (marty@heavyreckoning.com)
Date: Mon Jan 30 2006 - 17:49:01 PST

V SCHWARTZ wrote:

> I think I missed the first part of this post, But I'm gonna just
> jump in anyhow. I pull a 10tn Eager Beaver tagalong trailer with air
> brakes with my M-35a2 .We use this rig to transport Pats M114 ( he has
> some great pics of it too) . I have also pulled it with a M816
> wrecker. Personally with the wrecker , you don't know its back there.
> The Duce will pul it fine. But that is the max load I think you could
> put on the old duce. I know that it tires it out. cause when I drop
> the load and trailer the duce tells me that on the way home. I want
> to add that You should have a trailer with air brakes to do it right.
> Sorry to jump in but Thats my 2nd cup of coffee

Thanks Mr. Schwartz and everyone who responded. In spite of advice
about commercial trucks, I'm still thinking a deuce or a 5t military.
Why? Because I'm also a preparedness buff and a 6x6 that runs on
multifuels seems like a good bet in a situation similar to post
hurricane Katrina. At this point I'm leaning to a newer model that
might have more parts support and the 5 ton is looking nice.

So what year models and variations of the 2.5 and 5 ton should I be
focusing on? Do they all have air brake circuits?

FWIW, I'm also interested in picking up a couple of those HDT diesel
motorcycles ( http://www.m1030.com ). I just love the sound of a diesel.

Marty