Re: Very OT

From: bolton8@juno.com
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 07:12:54 PST

> Wait a minute, didn't I just hear on the news about a week ago that
Mexico
> has changed that procedure and no longer hand those maps out?
> Sonny

SONNY,
        Yes, you are correct. I reside in the state of Arizona so have been
following this intently. In actually, the poster sized maps are
not/were not produced by the Mexican government, nor the Mexican Human
Right's Commission. They were produced by Americans.

        An illegal immigrant-aid group out of Tucson AZ called Humane Borders
announced it would print and distribute 70,000 of these maps beginning in
March. There are four versions of the map covering four areas of
southern Arizona. The maps would have been sent to the Mexican
commission -- which the Mexican government has no control over -- for
distribution to future illegal immigrants.

        Due to the extreme backlash of public opinion on Thu 25 Jan the Mexican
commission announced they will not distribute these maps. The Minutemen
organization obtained copies of these maps and in a written statement
said they would use the maps "to establish observation posts so that our
volunteers may better protect our nation's borders".
Humane Borders will continue to distribute the maps thruits Web site.

        With the exception of wishing good health and a speedy recovery to Thee
Ronzo, may I suggest we get back to mil-veh topics. I'm sure the Kansas
DMV is loving every thread that takes us farther away from them.

LANCE
a legal immigrant