M1008 CUCV Break Down - Need some Help please

From: Bruce C. Beattie (bruce@eecs.berkeley.edu)
Date: Tue Jan 31 2006 - 10:07:57 PST

Hi All,
    Drove to work in my M1008 as usual. On the way it felt like I would
get little bursts of power, and sudden drops in power
but not all that big a change. On the final approach to work which is a
steep grade, the engine died altogether. I was able to
coast back down the hill into a parking spot, so I am safe for a bit.
    Since this was similar to the problem I had a little while ago, I
checked to see if the idle solenoid had worked loose again, but it hadn't.
I am suspecting a fuel related problem. Although the fuel supply is low,
it is by no means empty. Shows at least one division marker above
the empty marker.
    What is the easiest way to verify that I am getting fuel to the
injection pump?
Also, are there any other suggestions that you might have to diagnose
the problem?

Thanks a bunch,
Bruce MVPA 23824