RE: Any MV stuff near Merrit Island Florida?

From: greg marks (youdog99@msn.com)
Date: Wed Feb 01 2006 - 13:04:51 PST

There is a small Army Surplus place on S.R. 520, west of US 1 that usually
has a truck or two for sale. If you get to I95, you went a couple of miles
too far.

It's been a few years since I made the trip but I think if you go north on
S.R. 3 towards the Kennedy Space Center, there used to be a salvage/surplus
yard onthe left that had been known to have the occasional rocket body.

And if neither of those pan out, you can always go to Travis Hardware which
is also on S.R. 520. This is a Hardware store in it's truest form. Has
been around since the beginning of time. More than one part has been bought
there, mounted on a rocket, and fired into space. I think the Space Center
is one of their biggest customers. It can take a good couple of hours just
to walk all of the various sections. Often, there is a lot of Space Center
salvage there as well.

http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp?address=300%20Delannoy%20Ave%2e&city=Cocoa&state=FL&zoom=10

Greg

http://www.mil-veh.org/archives/