Re: OT - help needed in Iraq

From: Jim Webster (james.webster@iomartdsl.com)
Date: Thu Feb 02 2006 - 09:59:41 PST

Jack Lee wrote:

> Packages from outside the USA will not be accepted, as the mail outside
> the U.S. is not subject to the same security controls.

As someone who currently sends magazines, CDs etc to seven US soldiers
or marines currently serving in Iraq I know this is incorrect. Any stuff
for the US personnel in Iraq/Afghanistan posted from abroad goes to the
states then thru the APO system and is thoroughly checked somewhere

along the way.

However as I discovered you cannot send food liquids etc - they just get
incinerated apparently. This caused some confusion until I realised it
was the food parcels weren't getting through. That cost me 13 parcels
(two of which were for Cliff) as nobody bothered to look at the return
address and drop me a line to tell me.

--
TTFN
Jim

'Interdum feror cupidine partium magnarum Europae vicendarum!'