Re: history - WWI 1917 German sub sinks U.S. passenger ship California

From: Marty Galyean (marty@heavyreckoning.com)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 16:28:47 PST

Rick v100 wrote:

>No Jack, just that no one is innocent when it comes to
>warfare and assuming that we are innocent is naieve at
>best.
>
>It has already been proven by historical record that
>the liners were carrying munitions to Europe in
>violation of US trade law.

Yeah, well roasting millions in ovens violates a few critical laws also.

>It was proven after WWI that the US munitions makers
>played a large role in getting the US involved in WW1
>as well as British propagandists.

So...we shouldn't have gotten involved? I guess you and Lucky Lindy
will get the last laugh on that one!

>Funny how they
>omitted the weapons mounts on the Lusitania and the
>muntions stored on board in the newspaper accounts of
>the sinking.
>
>Why do you think that the US population did not want
>to get involved in WW2 and was so isolationist, once
>bitten twice shy applied.

All water under the bridge. What got the US population involved in WWII
was the unprecedented attack on Pearl far away from the Lusitania and
munitions manufacturers. And if you go into how we 'engineered' the
Japanese into attacking Pearl, then you will have to wait while I dig
out my tin foil beany.

>I am not liberal I just don't believe that we are
>lilly white.

And this is news?

Seriously, folks are roasting in ovens and bombs are falling on Britain
and you are going to quibble about sending them munitions by any means
possible?

I doubt we would have kicked Axis butt if we'd been "lily white".

Sorry, but I had to respond to this.

Marty