Re: history - WWI 1917 German sub sinks U.S. passenger ship California

From: Rick v100 (rickv100@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Feb 06 2006 - 17:41:37 PST

Marty,

Your confusing wars, we are talking about the First
War to End all Wars. Which had roots in the
Franco-Prussian War of 1870 which had roots in the
Napoelonic Wars of the 1800's.

Which was started by secret treaties between the
Europeans and was triggered by the assination of a
minor Archduke.

Europe has only really been at peace since the end of
WW2.

Rick