Re: Anti-Radio laws

From: Patrick Jankowiak (recycler@swbell.net)
Date: Sun Feb 12 2006 - 19:32:08 PST

My radio friends and I lament what looks like the "trailing end of green
radio surplus". The last things out in any volume were great radios like
the AN/GRC-106(A), PRC-77, PRC-68, RT524, RT246, PRC-127/8 and a few other
60's/70's things.

More modern military HF sets are not available reasonably, nor are sincgars
and VHF/UHF rigs. It's because the few that are out there are ones that
either slipped through or have been put back together from parts.

The gimmunt crushes them all, burn holes through the case into the RF
section with a torch, and do all manner of unspeakable things to them. Oh..
someone -might- misuse it!

==

rant:

(don't read it if you are "sensitive", easily shocked, mentally ill, are
confounded by prohpecy, or are otherwise not used to having to make sense
of rants)

A radio is just a radio. A truck is just a truck. A cigar is just a cigar.
Many many commercial radios can and do work essentially the same
frequencies and modes, and always will, due to the highly interleaved
nature of the spectrum. The only way for a person with a military radio to
attack, compromise, or terrorize with that military radio is to either hit
a victim upside the noggin with a small unit, or just drop one of the
larger sets on them from above.

I generally never rant about our government in the US, but the biggest sin
of our government is WASTE, equivalent to the olde-tyme biblical if you
will sin of GLUTTONY; wherein the government is as a glutton of our money,
consuming it, and then vomiting it half-digested and worthless into the
drain and some of it to the benefit of GL and its owners, who would purvey
dog vomit as pate~ if they could. Think of how much $ could be recovered by
going back to DRMO direct and selling the radios to dealers and collectors
(the public). But sadly, no.. dealers, collectors, and ham radio operatos
can't be trusted with junky old radio equipment any more than with crappy
old trucks. You see, those things are green. And those that know best
(Hillary will affirm), know that green things are not good for the welfare
of the children, and that they also cause idleness and wrong thinking among
the hoi polloi.

But the tiresome whining pundits, and pig-eyed America-hating,
freedom-hating stirrers of poop-soup: they utter clever noises and make all
frightened little girly-men hasten to suckle at the slick iron and glass
teat of their pablum-spewing masters! Though it burns their lips and cuts
at their tounge, pulling their teeth one by one, they care not what the
cost is, for it gives them a feeling safety and security. And that's what
it's really all about, now isn't it? Not what's real, but how we all feel.

The infernal machine (the main FEED, the deceiver, the father of lies) is
their tool. They just won't have it until they have supressed every right
and freedom God gave to man.

OH HORROR! Someone dropped a (125 LB) GRC-106 power supply out a third
story window, killing a poodle! The government denies the incident is
linked to terror! Animal activists are calling it a hate crime! Police are
rounding up all owners of green objects! Now on FOX News!

Liberals and sissy little girly-men! How they all s*ck! Can't they just go
bother someone else? Why don't they just go away like normal people? Go
join MADD or something, and stay the h3ll out of our lives?

These are my property. You can take my truck-n-radio when you pry my gun
out of my cold dead hands, burglar and thief! Repeat it till you
understand! For good measure, repeat "truck-n-radio" several times fast.

end of rant.

==