M1009 dumb question.

From: Combat (hellcat@provide.net)
Date: Sun Feb 12 2006 - 20:26:34 PST

 While tweaking the last of the M1009 resto-glitches I noticed that the
trans crossmember may be in wrong. Can a couple of you guys look at your
trans/transfer crossmember and see if the bolt spacers are below the
crossmember or sandwiched between it and the bottom of the frame? I know its
a no-brainer but the trans and engine sit perfectly level with the
crossmember flat aginst the bottom of the frame, however what caught my eye
was the dramatic rear driveshaft angle (even though those one inch spacers
wont affect that angle much). Oh and does anyone worry about how close the
upper rad hose is to the alt belt....yow! (maybe the wrong hose?)

 Oh yeah, I have also found a neat way to knock at least 50% of the engine
howl out and will be finishing the project in the coming weeks....its all
done with GM parts and looks factory.