RE: M1009 dumb question.

From: Robert Anderson (rcakitty@hotmail.com)
Date: Mon Feb 13 2006 - 10:16:01 PST

The bolt spacers are properly assembled ABOVE the lower frame flanges with
the bolt heads up and the nuts BELOW the transmission crossmember flanges
(with flat washers). As you may know, all these spacers do is allow the use
of longer bolts which, when properly torgued, allow for the stresses put
into the bolts during off-road operations which can cause the frame to
twist. If you don't use them and use shorter bolts, you risk breaking said
bolts, because of frame twist, and the consequent dropping of the rear
powertrain mount - - and well, you know what happens next, I trust! Yes,
the M-1009 has a severe driveline angle - - keep your u-joints well greased
(if you have the greaseable type)!! Now, what's your big secret on
reducing engine howl - - a 700R4 transmission or what?!?! Robert Anderson