RE: What do you think about Land Rovers as MV's

From: Nigel Hay MILWEB (nigel@milweb.net)
Date: Wed Feb 15 2006 - 08:17:33 PST

Whilst I have never owned an ex military landrover, I currently have a
Discovery and its the most dissapointing vehicle i have ever owned, apart
from its superb off road performance. I actually suggested to the smart arse
answering the phone at landrover UK "Welcome to the landrover Discovery
Customer Realtionship Experience" that a warning saying "be prepared this
vehicle will break down form the day you buy it" should be included in all
sales material- he missed the point.

However our military have vast numbers and the Series 3 ones were in service
for about 30 years. I bleive the USMC have some defenders these days.

Curiously the French fire brigade favour them( Defenders and Wolf) over the
Peugeot alternatives.

NIGEL HAY
Publisher
www.milweb.net

Used by over 12,500 military collectors and dealers each week!