Re: Low Coolant Module on CUCV M1008

From: Wayne Harris (papercu@hotmail.com)
Date: Fri Feb 17 2006 - 22:37:11 PST

Hi Bruce The Low Coolant module is located near the fuse block and looks as
if it buried in the wiring harness. It's military name is
MODULE,INDICATOR,COOLANT with a NSN of 6680-01-225-4432 and the parts
numbers are 15591138, 83476-1000. No idea where to find a replacement

Hopes this helps, Wayne

26. COOLANT LIGHT FLICKERING OR WILL NOT TURN OFF
Step 1. Check coolant for proper level. (See TM 9-2320-289-10)
Step 2. Turn key to “RUN” position. Disconnect black/yelIow lead from low
coolant sensor
on radiator and touch to any ground.
If light goes out, replace low engine coolant sensor. (See paragraph 3-31)
If light does not go out, perform step 3.
Step 3. Remove low coolant module (located near fuse box).
If light goes out, replace low coolant module.
If light does not go out, trace circuit. (See wiring diagram F-4 or F-6)