Jeeps near Petersburg, VA

From: MPop5555@aol.com
Date: Sat Feb 18 2006 - 04:38:59 PST

Anyone deal with a guy by the name of Nick who has a bunch of Jeeps in
Petersburg, VA? Well, I have and I never will again!

Recently, he posted an M38A1/CJ5 on EBay. I bid on it and although the
reserve wasn't met, I was the high bidder. I made an offer and we agreed on a

price for a running Jeep with mostly everything intact. All he said he wanted to
remove were the seats and put in different ones.

Well, I drove 200 miles out of my way in my Unimog, hauling a 30' trailer and
an M105A1 to pick up the M38A1. When I got there, the Jeep had been stripped
of just about any useful part off of the tub, including the windshield (which
was clearly visible in the EBay auction). Not only that but the motor was
NOT running! It was missing the starter, fan, belts, air cleaner housing, and a
bunch of other stuff.

This idiot then tried to convince me that the Jeep ran! He gave me his
personal guarantee that it ran! (without major components) When I asked him to
knock the price down because the Jeep obviously did not run when I came to see
it, he said he was already taking a beating since he paid too much for it
himself.

This idiot tried to pull a fast one so I thought I would warn the MV
community about him.

Thanks for the bandwidth,

Mike Pop
1987 Unimog U1300L