Re: 6.2 swap question

From: Buzz (muttman@charter.net)
Date: Sun Feb 19 2006 - 12:17:55 PST

FWIW,
I don't have a diesel so I don't know anything about them. I read the post re:
low mileage on the 6.2L to a friend of mine who has worked on heavy equipment
and diesel engines for 50 plus years. He is certified by ASE, Deutsch Diesel,
and Cummins and has worked on everything from a motorcycle to a drag line so I
think that he knows from experience what he is talking about.

He told me that the most important part of a diesel engine is the cooling
system. A diesel engine has high cylinder temperatures and if there isn't
enough coolant, or enough circulation, the diesel will crack heads and blocks.
He also said t5he the 6.2L is a good engine and driven reasonably should easily
last 2 - 3 K miles.

Regards,

Buzz