Re: 6.2 swap question

From: Julian Burke (julian@knology.net)
Date: Sun Feb 19 2006 - 09:36:30 PST

I have a 1995 Chevy 3/4 ton P/U with one ton axles and a 6.5 turbo diesel.
248,000 miles of pretty much trouble free service. Injector pump was only
the big deal that Chevrolet screwed me big time with. Other than oil
changes, engine has never seen a wrench. Tranny has never seen one either
and never had a filter or fluid change. Never added to the tranny either
and has never leaked. Tranny guys tell me to not bother changing the fluid
this late in the game as it possibly will cause problems. Both engine and
tranny run and shift smoothly and knock on wood, will last quite a bit
longer.

     I believe it is how you care and treat the vehicle because it is hard
for me to understand how a diesel only lasted 5-20K miles. Esp. a 6.2L that
was a good engine to begin with. GM hydramatics were also a good unit that
many other manufacturers used as well with good service. I hope to find
another like mine with the service I have received from it!! Julian Burke