Re: File an Internet Crime Compliant with the FBI

From: Ed (mojoedd@bellsouth.net)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 06:40:47 PST

A few years back I had a really big problem, a guy stole my identify and
bought a small Chevy truck! I was directed to the Secret Service and told
by the FBI Agent that I spoke to that they handle all cases of identify
theft. I went to their office and the Agent there simply phoned the office
in Atlanta and had an Agent there go to the dealership, get the picture of
the person that bought the truck and fax it to his office. That part of the
problem ended quickly! I am white and 6' 5" tall. The thief was black and
5'7" tall!! :-) It then took about two years to get my credit repaired.
Maybe the Secret Service is the place you need to notify? A phone call will
tell you.

Best Regards,

Ed

"Sirs, you have no reason to be ashamed of your Confederate dead; see
to it they have no reason to be ashamed of you"