Re: 6.2 swap question

From: grntrks@juno.com
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 08:07:26 PST

Everette,
I have a '91 Ford, Navstar 7.3 diesel, normally asperated, no computor
and I have learned to use 15w40 oil exclusively. Straight weight oil (
SAE30 or Sae 40 ) dragged the engine down on cold days so bad it was very
difficult to start. This is my 2nd vehicle with this series engine and
both were the same in this regard. With the oil I use now, the engine
turns much easier. I don't think the brand is as importatnt as the
multi-grade "weight". I personally use Shell Rotella.

Frank Cox
'Nam 1966, USAF
MVPA 14530
1945 GMC 353 DUKW " DUKTAPE "