Re: indiana law barring repro weapons?

From: Paul Vandervort (pgv@mydb3.com)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 15:06:53 PST

Dave

        That was in Illinois. It was HB4132 which proposed to ban all
dummy/replica weapons to include Grenades, bazookas, guns, cannons, etc.
It currently is in revision within the state legislature. Supposedly it
is being revised but I will have to look and see what the current
wording is. Fortunately there is a member of my chapter (In Illinois)
who is a Lawyer and went down to the Crapital to challenge it and did a
pretty good job! His stance is that there is already laws outlawing
using a weapon in a threatening manner, so why not just up the penalty
of the current existing law? I just took a look at it and everything
that indicated a "military" type weapon has been deleted!
HOooooooRAYYYYYY!!

See it at:
http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/billstatus.asp?DocNum=4132&GAID=8&GA=94&DocTypeID=HB&LegID=21980&SessionID=50

        Now for the rest of you's. If to make an effort sometimes you can make
a difference! I know this from our effort the last time around of which
I was personally involved. This time all the credit goes to David
Nordin of the Northern Illinois Chapter of the MVPA who made the
biggest effort and made the difference.

Paul Vandervort
MVPA 437
NICMVPA