FYI on "replica weapons" in a bunch of states

From: M. Thirtyseven (m37greenbeast@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Feb 21 2006 - 15:19:09 PST

This is from the these folks listed below. If one reads the fine print on
some "plastic molded" gun vendor sites you will see a similar list.. To
what end one has to wonder...better whip up a letter head right quick
like...

http://replicaweaponry.com/residents.html

To residents of: Connecticut, Kansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, California,
Wisconsin,<BR> New York City, and Puerto Rico

To residents of: Connecticut, Kansas, Massachusetts, Minnesota, California,
Wisconsin, New York City, and Puerto Rico. Your local laws have restrictions
for any blank gun or "modern" replica gun (manufactured after 1898). We can
not ship an order to you unless we receive by fax or letter on your
company's letterhead a statement of intended use. Intended use must be one
of the following: theatrical purposes, school or museum displays, regulated
sporting events, foreign export or military or civil defense activities. If
you are sending this information via fax, please use our fax number:
252-321-8778 after completing order.

The following from Sportsmansguide.com

WARNING: Replica Firearms cannot be shipped to California, Mississippi, New
York, Virginia, Wisconsin, Puerto Rico, Canada or Virgin Islands. Please
check your State, County and City laws for restrictions before ordering
Replica Firearms.

Something to look into for MV completeness...